The Organisers would like to ask all attendees to follow the following
rules during the convention. By signing the attendence form, you agree
to abide by these conditions - they are not intended to interfere with
your FauxCon experience, but to ensure that everyone at the convention
has an equally good time.
- No weapons real or replica to be discharged at any time during the convention unless approved as part of an official event. This includes knitting needles and shoes.
- No smoking inside any buildings or within 1km of the town limits of Moe, unless directly connected to a religious/cult rite.
- No polo games on the croquet lawn.
- Absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed to be consumed without the express written permission of organisers.
- The blue zone is for dropping off and picking up passengers only.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult. Under absolutely no circumstances are children to be used as roleplaying props.
- Do not operate heavy machinery while at Fauxcon as it may induce drowsiness.
- Attendees may not cause harm to a GM or through inaction allow a GM to come to harm
- A GM or tournament official's decision is final. Bribes must be made in multiples of $10.
- Con badges are to be worn at all times, including travel to and from the Con.
- No diving off the weir after 6pm.
- No event at FauxCon requires baptism before entry.
- No carnivorous pets allowed on the con site.
- Please do not feed the GMs in your session - they may become dependant
on the food source and fail to scavenge natively, or become aclimatised to
human presence and put themselves in danger from dogs and other hazards.
Beyond the rules
FauxCon works because of the community minded spirit of all of the
attendees, whether players, gms or orgs. When attendees abuse this
community mindedness, problems begin.
At FauxCon IX, a certain group of attendees took advantage of the generosity
of the orgs, and the heightened state of awareness of some of the attendees
to enrich themselves financially and to abuse convention facilities,
at the expense of the enjoyment of other attendees.
Needless to say, arrangements have been made to ensure that this cannot
happen again. As a result:
- every session will have an organiser observer,
who will ensure that any room booked at FauxCon X is used only for its
intended purpose, that is to say an actual official event from FauxCon.
- it will be made clear to all attendees that they have no expectation
of privacy during a session
- the entry form will be amended to clearly state that no attendee is
permitted to engage in commercial activity at the convention without
written permission from the organisers or without the con receiving
50% of the gross.
- except where appropriate for a particular official event, the entry
form will state that attendees are expected to remain suitably dressed
for a public venue.