What is FauxCon?
FauxCon is primarily a co-production of the Impotent Images Roleplaying
Club (Geelong), BURP (Ballarat Uni Role Players), and the Science
Fiction & Games Association of Moe. A number of other individuals, both
Metropolitan and Regional, participate to varying degrees. FauxCon has
been running since 1999, and aims to compliment Victoria's larger gaming
cons by providing cheaper, less carcinogenic games in a smaller,
friendly environment. FauxCon hopes to encourage new and regional Game
Masters and players to experience gaming in a convention environment for
our special low, low price.
Roger the Bilby
Roger the Bilby is FauxCon's special mascot. He made a guest appearance
at the first FauxCon, at which he had attendees enchanted with his
antics. He was made the subject of several of FauxCon II's scenarios.
Sadly, Roger passed away during December 1999, having lost a
disagreement with a semi-trailer on the Calder Highway outside of Wood
End. What little remained intact was donated to the Biology Department
of Latrobe University Bendigo for use in scientific purposes.
Some overenthusiatic Roger fans "borrowed" his body from Latrobe
and bought him to Fauxcon III. He has not been seen since, if anyone
knows where Roger is, could they please contact Latrobe University's
Biology Department. (Ask to speak to John Smith, their Director of
- No weapons real or replica to be discharged at any time during the
approved as part of an official event.
- No smoking inside any buildings or within 1km of the town limits of
Moe, unless directly
connected to a religious/cult rite.
- Absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed to be consumed
without the express
written permission of organisers.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult. Under absolutely
no circumstances are
children to be used as roleplaying props.
- A GM or tournament official's decision is final. Bribes must be made
in multiples of
- Con badges are to be worn at all times, including travel to and from
- No diving off the weir after 6pm.
- Due to the, unpleasantness, surrounding last years attempt to
refurbish and ressurect Roger the Bilby as the Convention mascot, no
books, candles, or goat's blood will be allowed within the venue.